Each year, in conjunction with the annual meeting of the WHO Alliance for the Global Elimination of Trachoma by 2020, WHO assists with organization of the “Trachoma Scientific Informal Workshop”, the only research forum dedicated to work on this disease.
Academic institutions currently active in research on trachoma include:
- Emory Eye Centre, Emory University (http://www.eyecenter.emory.edu/)
- Francis I. Proctor Foundation for Research in Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco (http://proctor.ucsf.edu/)
- Indigenous Eye Health Unit, University of Melbourne (http://iehu.unimelb.edu.au/)
- Kilimanjaro Centre for Community Ophthalmology, University of Cape Town (< ahref="http://www.kcco.net/">http://www.kcco.net/)
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (http://www.lshtm.ac.uk)
- Dana Center for Preventive Ophthalmology, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University (http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/wilmer/)