Network of WHO Collaborating Centres for Trachoma. Second Meeting Report
Decatur, GA, USA, 26 February 2016
Vision of the Network: Global elimination of trachoma as a public health problem by 2020
Aim of the Network: To facilitate coordinated action of designated academic institutions in their trachoma elimination area of work.
Objectives of the WHOCCs, and of the Network as a whole:
- To plan and undertake collaborative research, and development and application of appropriate technology, relevant to trachoma elimination programmes
- To plan and undertake capacity building and training initiatives to support trachoma elimination programmes
- To collaborate in the collection, collation and dissemination of information about trachoma elimination and reference substances relevant to trachoma elimination programmes
- To help standardize the use of terminology and data about trachoma
- To coordinate efforts towards research and development; capacity building and training; collection, collation and dissemination of information and reference substances; and standardized use of terminology and data.