Individual protection against UV
How can I care for children in the sun?
Children themselves are usually not aware of the harmful effects of UV – it is their parents' responsibility to protect their child from short-term and long-term damage.
- Always keep babies less than 12 months in the shade!
- Never let infants or young children sleep in the sun!
- Encourage your children to play in the shade!
- Make sure your children wear protective clothing, including a hat and sunglasses, when they go outdoors!
- Get your children used to wearing sunscreen!
- Apply sunscreen lotion generously! Pay particular attention to the most exposed body parts, the face, neck, shoulders, back, knees and tops of feet!
- Never allow children or teenagers to use sunlamps!