The INTERSUN Program promotes and evaluates research on the health effects of UV radiation, and develops an appropriate response through guidelines, recommendations and information dissemination:
- Scientific research in essential but poorly understood processes induced by UV radiation and in epidemiology
- UV index - a tool to raise public awareness of the health risks associated with UV exposure and the necessity of protective measures
- Sun protection for children - a framework for children’s sun protection education and practical educational resources.
- Artificial sunbeds - although sunlight represents the greatest source of human exposure to UV, health risks from artificial sources are also considered.
- Tourism- special sun protection guidelines for tourists and tour operators
- Occupational health - UV Radiation as a hazard in the workplace