Global Vaccine Research Forum 2009 and parallel satellite workshops
Bamako Mali 6-9 December
Overview and Key Presentations
The 2009 meeting reviewed and discussed key issues in vaccine research and development. Particular consideration and reviews was given to the the following issues:
- Seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccines research and development
- Measles and rubella
- Malaria vaccines
- Update on vaccines against GAVI priority diseases
- Pharmaco-vigilance in LMICs
- Project Optimize - immunization systems and technologies for tomorrow
Three parallel satellite workshops were held prior to the conference on:
- Correlates of protection: relevant to the African context
- New technologies - New vaccine platforms (plants, DNA, vectors, prime-boost, adjuvants): what are they and what do they bring?
- Herd effects on vaccine effectiveness
Summaries of these workshops can be found below.
Eighteen months of immunization and vaccine R&D at WHO... and beyond
Workshop on correlates of protection: relevant to the African context
Workshop on herd effects on vaccine effectiveness
Workshop on new technologies - New vaccine platforms (plants, DNA, vectors, prime-boost, adjuvants): what are they and what do they bring?