Thiomersal and vaccines
- 27 July 2012 - Thiomersal in vaccines (from meeting of 6-7 June 2012)
- 8 August 2008 - Thiomersal (from meeting of 18-19 June 2008)
- 15 July 2005 - Thiomersal (from meeting of 9-19 June 2005)
- 7 January 2005 - Thiomersal: neurobehavioural studies in animal models (from meeting of 2-3 December 2004)
- 8 August 2003 - Thiomersal (from meeting of 11-12 June 2003)
- 22 November 2002 - Safety of thiomersal-containing vaccines (from meeting of 20-21 June 2002)
- WER of 27 July 2012
- Statement from the GACVS (July 2006)
- Questions and answers (July 2006)
- WER of 30 November 2001
- WER of 14 January 2000
- Position of the Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety regarding concerns raised by paper about the safety of thiomersal-containing vaccines
- TM Burbacher, Shen DD, Liberato N, Grant KS, Cernichiari E, and Clarkson T. 2005. Comparison of blood and brain mercury levels in infant monkeys exposed to methylmercury or vaccines containing thimerosal. Environ Health Perspect. 113(8): 1015-1021, 2005
- Heron J, Golding J; ALSPAC Study Team. Thimerosal exposure in infants and developmental disorders: a prospective cohort study in the United kingdom does not support a causal association. Pediatrics. 114(3): 577-583, 2004
- Andrews N, Miller E, Grant A, Stowe J, Osborne V, Taylor B. Thimerosal exposure in infants and developmental disorders: a retrospective cohort study in the United kingdom does not support a causal association. Pediatrics. 114(3): 584-591, 2004
- Immunization Safety Review Committee, Institute of Medicine. Immunization Safety Review: Vaccines and Autism. National Academy Press Washington DC 2004.
- Immunization Safety Review Committee, Institute of Medicine. Immunization Safety Review: Thimerosal - Containing Vaccines and Neurodevelopmental Disorders. Stratton K, Gable Am McCormick MC eds. National Academy Press Washington DC 2001.
- Pichichero ME. Cernichiari E. Lopreiato J. Treanor J. Mercury concentrations and metabolism in infants receiving vaccines containing thiomersal: a descriptive study. Lancet. 360(9347):1737-1741, 2002. [abstract available with free registration]
- Hviid A, Stellfeld M, Wohlfahrt J, Melbye M. Association between thimerosal-containing vaccine and autism. JAMA. 290(13):1763-1766, 2003. [full text available with subscription]
- Madsen KM, Lauritsen MB, Pedersen CB, Thorsen P, Plesner AM, Andersen PH, Mortensen PB. Thimerosal and the occurrence of autism: negative ecological evidence from Danish population-based data. Pediatrics. 112(3 Pt 1):604-606, 2003. [full text available with subscription]
- Verstraeten T, Davis RL, DeStefano F, Lieu TA, Rhodes PH, Black SB, Shinefield H, Chen RT; Vaccine Safety Datalink Team. Safety of thimerosal-containing vaccines: a two-phased study of computerized health maintenance organization databases. Pediatrics. 112(5):1039-1048, 2003.
Page last updated : 30 December 2010
Page last reviewed: 26 July 2012