Webinar: The Safe Systems Approach
WHO, through the Bloomberg Initiative for Global Road Safety (BIGRS), is launching the Legal Development Programme (LDP) Webinar series. Our first of these series is on the Safe Systems Approach to road safety, legislative implications, and potential application in low-and middle-income countries.
We will have international expert presenters and participants will have the opportunity to ask questions.
DATE: 22 November 2016.
TIME: 2:00 pm, Europe Time (Amsterdam, GMT+01:00)
DURATION: 1.5 hrs
- What is a Safe Systems approach?
- Safe Systems – speed and infrastructure.
- Safe Systems and Legislation: what can legislation address in a safe systems approach and what it cannot address?
- Application of the Safe Systems approach in high-income countries and potential for implementation in low- and middle-income countries.
- Dr Matts-Åke Belin, Senior Policy Advisor, Swedish Transport Administration
- Dr Soames Job, Head, Global Road Safety Facility (GRSF), The World Bank Group
- Mr Rob McInerney, Chief Executive Officer, IRAP
- Ms Evelyn Murphy, Technical Officer, WHO
- Dr Tami Toroyan, Technical Officer, WHO