Manuals of good practice
The World Health Organization and its partners are currently developing seven "good practice" manuals which will assist countries in implementing the recommendations of the World report on road traffic injury prevention. The first of these manuals, on helmet wearing, has recently been launched:
Helmets: a road safety manual for decision-makers and practitioners
Drinking and driving – an international good practice manual
Additional manuals on speeding, seat-belt wearing and road safety management are currently in production.
Other good practice manuals by partners include:
- A review of road safety management practice (Global Road Safety Partnership)
- Seat belt campaign toolkit manual (FIA Foundation for the Automobile and Society) [pdf 5.2Mb]
- Performance indicators for the road sector (English)
- Performance indicators for the road sector (French)
- Road safety: Impact of new technologies (English)
- Road safety: Impact of new technologies (French)
In addition, the following systematic reviews, which analyse the health literature on interventions for road safety, may be of benefit.