2010 Annual Meeting of the Violence Prevention Alliance
The annual meeting of the Violence Prevention Alliance (VPA) will be held in Rome, Italy, on 3-4 June 2010. The aims of the meeting are to:
- Discuss and agree on a new structure for the enlarged VPA
- Discuss, amend, and finalize:
- A new VPA Charter
- A global five-year strategy for violence prevention, to be led by the VPA
- Discuss and decide upon a VPA funding mechanism;
- Review progress on the VPA priorities
- Review VPA working group activities and consider setting up additional working groups.
Over 50 participants are expected to attend this meeting, including:
- VPA participants
- Italian Ministry of Health participants
- Observers (e.g. prospective VPA participants; other UN and international agencies)
- WHO staff.