Republic of Moldova
Focus on education:
- enhance quality of education through accreditation of educational institutions that train doctors, public health specialists, nurses and other health care specialists;
- ensure regular update/further development of the HRH competencies through training, including e-learning, revision of curricula, etc.
Focus on incentives:
- to develop packages of financial and non-financial incentives;
- Focus on retention of HRH:
- to develop incentives for the retention and equitable deployment, especially in rural areas (regulations, local authority support);
Focus on skill mix:
- training of nurses, especially in primary health care system that emphasise team-based approaches to the delivery of care that authorize health workers to operate within the full scope of their profession;
Focus on Labour market:
- the further implementation of the WHO Code of Practice on the International Recruitment of Health Personnel;
- flexible updated labour regulations for the health care workforce;
- employment of new graduated health workers;
- negotiations and use of Bilateral and Multilateral Agreements on HRH mobility.