International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)
- Share best practices and innovations each year between members during the FIP Annual Congress Educational Sessions
- hold the Global conference on pharmacy & pharmaceutical science education in 2016
- collect and publish every year data and country case studies on a specific topic related to the workforce- the 2013 Report provides a global status on pharmacy education (available at www.fip.org/educationreports) and the 2014 report will focus on Continuing Professional Development/Continuing Education in pharmacy.
- Create up to 4 Centers of Excellence to stimulate further research, evidence generation and delivering of education programmes, to share best practice and resources amongst educators and their institutions.
- Actively engage with the leaders of Academic institutions to stimulate change in their education programmes for better health service delivery.
- Develop and pilot a consultation service in 6 countries for academic institutions and governments on transforming education.
- Ensure appropriate representation and communication of FIPEd in the global education, healthcare and pharmacy community.
In addition, FIP and The Royal Pharmaceutical Society (GB) have agreed to launch a Global Pharmacy Workforce Observatory in 2014, that will contain all relevant data collected concerning the pharmaceutical workforce.