Health Services Academy Post Graduate Certificate in HRH management
Alliance member Health Services Academy (HSA), Islamabad in collaboration with the Queen Margaret University (QMU), Edinburgh and German International Cooperation (GIZ), Pakistan have conducted a postgraduate course on Human Resources for Health Management.
The course is aimed at enabling students to contribute to shaping national and local policies and organizational practices which will improve the planning, development and management of HRH. The course is designed around the concept of HRH as a key component of well functioning health systems, and directly contributes to ensuring a competent, responsive and productive health workforce.
Specially, this programme gives students the opportunity to:
- Undertake in-depth study of HRH management at national and local levels;
- Develop specialist competencies in the planning, production and management of HRH;
- Strengthen the evidence base for workforce planning, management and production, both locally and nationally;
- Place HRH strengthening at the centre of health systems improvement;
- Positively influence the attainment of strategic development goals and targets;
- Impact positively on the continuing health workforce crisis; and
- Advance a beginning career in HRH Management.
The 2011 course participants included senior and mid-level managers from both public and private sector, including members of national assembly. Student reported to have gained valuable HRH Management skills and feel much better equipped to tackle the health workforce shortages in their local, regional or national context.
HSA is planning on renewing the course for 2012 and beyond.