Association of Community Pharmacists of India
Association of Community Pharmacist of India is a non profit professional organization started with an aim to provide patient safety by Pharmaceutical care. The Membership consists of pharmacists, pharmacy students, Nurses, Nursing student and patient groups in academic and non-academic settings. Association of Community Pharmacists of India (ACPI) in Manipal believes it is the call to all like-minded pharmacists of this country from Kashmir to Kanyakumari to educate patients when they actually need education and information. It is the responsibility of pharmacy profession to establish norms and standards of pharmacy practice and to provide with appropriate knowledge to the patients, so that they become intelligent users of drugs.
The objects for which the ACPI is established are:
- To elevate and establish a standard of competence for community pharmacy,
- To serve as a forum for exchange of ideas and experiences, and collection and dissemination of information in general community pharmacy,
- To organize conferences, seminars, meetings and discussions for the promotion and furtherance of the aims and objects of the ACPI, and
- To confer Fellowships in community pharmacy on those who have done or are doing noteworthy service in the field of community pharmacy.
Links to the health workforce crisis
ACPI's main goals is to encourage pharmacists to take up pharmaceutical care as a major activity in India and world wide. In addition, ACPI's work to
- develop and promote standards of education and training for community pharmacy,
- develop and promote short-term informal training programmes for individuals interested in community pharmacy, and
- to educate hospital trustees, Board of Directors, Board of Visitors and the public to understand that the practice of community pharmacy calls for special training and experience.
Call for knowledge information:
Alliance Members are invited to submit any relevant knowledge products such as documents, reports, tools, multimedia, links to specific project web sites by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Alliance Secretariat will publish relevant products on the Member's page.
Visit our Knowledge centre.