African Federation of Hospital Associations, Kampala, Uganda
The African Federation of Hospital Associations (AFHA) is an international not-for-profit organization established in 2007. AFHA represents national public and private hospital associations, national hospital directorates, and regional hospital organizations in African countries.
AFHA has the mission of promoting improvements in health throughout African countries, foster high standards of hospital care, efficiency and networking of African hospital associations. AFHA will provide members a range of services and activities designed to assist in the strategic development of the hospital sector and provide a forum of sharing ideas, concerns and address mutual challenges facing the health sector in Africa.
Links to the health workforce crisis
AFHA's goals are as follows:
- to encourage links with health professionals and collaborations with international organizations dealing with health affairs;
- to provide a forum of sharing ideas, concerns and address mutual challenges facing the Human Resources for Health in Africa;
- to foster direct involvement of hospitals associations in the design and formulation of strategies to fight brain drain in Africa;
- to provide information on Human Resource for Health and advise member countries of issues of Human Resources for Health and relevant policies; and
- to encourage high standards of hospital administration in African Countries to promote retention of health workers in Africa.
Call for knowledge information:
Alliance Members are invited to submit any relevant knowledge products such as documents, reports, tools, multimedia, links to specific project web sites by sending an email to email@example.com. The Alliance Secretariat will publish relevant products on the Member's page.
Visit our Knowledge centre.