Ambassadors Of Change
The organization was established in the year 2004, and registered with the Kenyan National NGO’s Coordination board in 2009. The main goals are:
- To advocate for universal access to prevention, treatment, care and support for all in need;
- Reduction of inequalities in health care; and
- Reversing the downward trends in health outcomes.
The main objectives of the organization are:
- Increasing equitable access to health services;
- Improvement of the quality and responsiveness in health sector;
- Foster partnerships in improving health and delivery of services;
- Advocacy for improved financing of the health sector;
- Address the current unacceptable shortage of health care workers, weak health systems; and
- Promoting the right to health while undertaking monitoring and evaluation activities.
Links to the health workforce crisis
Participation in the development process of the National health sector strategic plan geared towards achieving health goals and commitments including the health related MDGs and universal access to HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support.
An important focus is the assessment and calculation of the level of services required to achieve these goals and strengthening health facilities. We also established community linkages through effective decentralization and partnerships with civil society organizations which are better informed about the health workforce crisis.