Chronic Care Foundation India
Chronic Care Foundation is a platform which serves as a meeting point for various stakeholders such as Corporates, health care professionals and NGOs in the healthcare system and aims at preventative health care and better management for chronic diseases such as Cardiovascular disease, Diabetes and renal failure.
CCFI endeavours to make the system more effective and better managed for those covered and not covered by health insurance and increase the opportunities for coverage expansions to the under privileged and lower income groups. CCFI envisions to promote good health by proactively minimising the incidents and effects of chronic disease in the society.
The Chronic Care Foundation has been founded to:
- Generate, collect and serve as a one point source of information on population health statistics related to cardiovascular disease, diabetes and kidney disease.
- Identify options for early detection, prevention and management of the identified chronic disease and develop replicable intervention strategies, guidelines and best practice protocols for diagnosis, management, counselling and financial/social support.
- Advocate health promotion and chronic disease prevention and control in the region. Promote health, especially for poor and disadvantaged populations. Slow and reverse the adverse trends in the risk factors for non-communicable chronic diseases.
- Provide a platform for medical practitioners and other stakeholders to learn best practices in patient care, and gain and share knowledge by stimulating training and capacity building.
- Provide a platform and develop guidance packages for patients to gain information about their condition, discuss and participate in management decisions and catalyse patient/family awareness of the disease, therapies and consequences.
- Raise awareness of chronic, non communicable diseases and ensure that the foundation influences public healthcare policies.
- Link regional networks and information partners in collaboration for chronic non communicable disease prevention, control and management.
- Provide accessible long term supportive welfare services for continuous care and facilitate with any other service that maybe required in connection with the above.
Links to the health workforce crisis
We are training health professionals in the field of primary care, public health, maternity, kidney dialysis and the provision of mobile health clinics.