Cheng Health Foundation, USA
Cheng Health Foundation (CHF) is a non-profit organization based in China. The mission of CHF is to enhance the health of people living in the US and other countries through education, international cooperation, and direct assistance. Its focus is to foster development and research in the life sciences. The Foundation's Healthcare Development program provides assistance for healthcare facilities in developing countries that are meeting critical needs in their communities.
These grants are used in many ways, including:
- assistance in funding the construction of a new facility or the purchase of medical devices or equipment to permit the development or expansion of healthcare services in order to meet a critical healthcare need; and
- development of alternative sources of funding for the provision of healthcare programs and services in underserved areas.
CHF is actively reviewing scientific research programs in the US and the People's Republic of China that are addressing healthcare needs worldwide. Its current focus is on neuroscience research, particularly on research involving recovery from congenital and acquired neurologic injury including cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, and spinal cord injury.
Links to the health workforce crisis
The principle focus of CHF's Medical Education program is to support educational efforts of organizations in the US and developing countries, with an emphasis on international cooperation and scientific exchange.
Examples of support efforts include:
- sponsorship of scientific conferences or speaking appearances by recognized experts in the life sciences;
- scientist or physician exchange programs to support medical education and physician/scientist training; and
- translation of healthcare-related texts, manuals etc. into English or other languages in support of scientific cooperation and international exchange.
CHF is a sponsor of the International Distinguished Scholar Program. Developed in cooperation with the Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific and REHAB Foundation, the program is promoting the bilateral exchange between the US and China of recognized experts in the field of Rehabilitation Medicine.
Call for knowledge information:
Alliance Members are invited to submit any relevant knowledge products such as documents, reports, tools, multimedia, links to specific project web sites by sending an email to email@example.com. The Alliance Secretariat will publish relevant products on the Member's page.
Visit our Knowledge centre.