International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics
The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (IFIGO) based in London, United Kingdom is the only worldwide organization that groups obstetricians and gynecologists. The mission of IFIGO is to promote the well-being of women and to raise the standard of practice in Obstetrics and Gynecology. IFIGO has grown from an organization representing the forty-two national societies which attended the founding meeting on the 26th July 1954 into a worldwide organization representing obstetricians and gynecologists in 113 territories. IFIGO is a benevolent, non-profit organization funded through subscriptions received from members, grants and the proceeds of its triennial World Congress.
Since its inception, every three years IFIGO has organized a World Congress. Its other activities include:
- the organization and administration of safe motherhood projects around the world;
- the awarding of fellowships; and
- the awarding of modest grants to societies involved in national workshops on maternal mortality and safety.
Links to the health workforce crisis
IFIGO’s mission is to promote the well-being of women and to raise the standard of practice in obstetrics and gynecology.
IFIGO’s activities include:
- the organization of international workshops and the De Watterville Lecture (given in memory of one of the founding fathers of IFIGO); and
- the production of the World Report on Women’s Health, published every three years to coincide with the World Congress. This special supplement to the International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics represents a comprehensive overview of women’s health issues.
Call for knowledge information:
Alliance Members are invited to submit any relevant knowledge products such as documents, reports, tools, multimedia, links to specific project web sites by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Alliance Secretariat will publish relevant products on the Member's page.
Visit our Knowledge centre.