FOUNDATION FOR SUSTAINABLE HEALTH DEVELOPMENT
The FOUNDATION aims to promote and support positive change by accompanying Governments, Institutions, Organizations and Communities to attain the highest possible level of health and social well-being for their people in a sustainable manner. Our vision is to be a foremost African non-governmental organization for sustainable health development through strengthening of health systems, advocacy and resource mobilization.
Our focus is the strengthening of health systems so as to fight diseases of poverty (afflicting the poor or aggravating poverty) in a sustainable way. In achieving our goals, we intend to be transparent, non-partisan, accountable, efficient, and non-discriminative on account of age, sex, race, religion, faith or political affiliation.
Our main objectives are to:
- Facilitate the development and implementation of human resources for health strategic plans for governments, institutions, organizations and communities.
- Support capacity building for effective health care delivery through training, knowledge management and improved human resources management.
- Facilitate the use of information technology in the strengthening of health systems at all levels.
- Promote corporate social responsibility towards improving the health and well-being of the people of Africa.
Our current key areas of intervention are:
- Human Resources for Health:
- Development and implementation of policy and plans
- Health Information System
- Health Information Technology
- Sustainable elimination of avoidable blindness.
Links to the health workforce crisis
- Provided Technical Assistance for the incorporation of the Country Coordination and Facilitation (CCF) process in the development of the Human Resources for Health Policy and Plan in the Lagos State of Nigeria.
- Provided backstopping for GHWA in the implementation of the CCF process in assigned States in Nigeria.
- Provided Technical Assistance to the Human Resource for Health Unit of the Federal Ministry of Health in the planning of its annual programmes and provided Technical Support for the organization of the First National HRH Forum in Nigeria in 2011.
- Coordinated the first National Conference on Health Information Technology under the auspices of the Federal Ministry of Health and in collaboration with the National Agency for the Control of AIDS and National Health Insurance Scheme (2011)
Furthermore, the FOUNDATION is able to provide information on the progress, development and implementation of HRH Plans in the States in Nigeria, with special emphasis on the incorporation of the CCF process. Also, the FOUNDATION is monitoring the development of HRIS and use of information in decision-making and the establishment of appropriate stakeholders forum for collating and sharing HRH information.