Health Strategies International
Health Strategies International, LLC (HSI) is a small business providing health sector and governance consulting services in the areas of finance and economic analysis, decentralized capacity building, health sector reform, policy reform, project planning, monitoring and evaluation. It applies processes and tools in partnership with host country stakeholders ensuring that results are useful for decision makers at central and decentralized government levels. HSI is committed to providing access to health services through development of sustainable health infrastructures.
HSI is a group of renowned management specialists, providing strong core capability and expertise worldwide. HSI has led multidisciplinary teams drawing from trusted consultants and country partners to meet objectives.
These projects include:
- Jamaica Healthy Lifestyles program promotes improved adolescent reproductive health through improved polices;
- MACEPA provides resources to Zambia's national plan to control malaria. It focuses on strengthening programs to show how controlling malaria improves health status; and
- Romanian Healthcare Reform reallocates resources to the primary health care system to improve services.
Links to the health workforce crisis
HSI is committed to delivering results that are practical and added value for our clients, which lead to measurable improvement in the policy, governance, financial, and infrastructural capacity of health sectors worldwide.
Specific examples of their work include:
- Through human resource planning, financial modeling, and mobilization. HSI helped stakeholders and the Malawi Government develop a ten-year plan to improve training, compensation and retention of health care professionals.
- In China, HSI provided training and technical assistance to increase decentralized financial management of budgets.
- In Russia, HSI provided training for municipal managers.
- HSI provided technical assistance to managers in Mexico to utilize new techniques for health service effectiveness.
Call for knowledge information:
Alliance Members are invited to submit any relevant knowledge products such as documents, reports, tools, multimedia, links to specific project web sites by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Alliance Secretariat will publish relevant products on the Member's page.
Visit our Knowledge centre.