International AIDS Society
The International AIDS Society (IAS) is located in Geneva, Switzerland; it is the world's leading independent association of HIV/AIDS professionals. The three main actions are that they:
- Connect -- By convening the world’s largest meetings on HIV/AIDS, IAS provides critical platforms for presenting new research and sharing best practices.
- Promote -- By promoting dialogue, education and networking, IAS helps close gaps in knowledge and expertise at every level of the response.
- Mobilize -- By providing support services to their members, IAS helps them do what they do best, advancing the state of the art, expanding access, and impacting mitigation.
The vision of IAS vision is a worldwide force of professionals working together to prevent, control and treat HIV/AIDS. It focuses on three strategic areas of regional development: strengthening of relations and collaboration with regional AIDS networks and societies; regional AIDS conferences; and connecting and mobilizing individual IAS members in the region.
Links to the health workforce crisis
IAS is finding innovative ways to leverage the knowledge, experience and influence of its members to advocate for:
- Accountability of global and political leaders for delivery of commitments and mobilization of adequate resources;
- Strategies to strengthen the global health workforce and build health systems capacity; and integration of HIV into primary care and other health services;
- Scale up of research and programs on TB/HIV and other co-infections and expand access to Diagnostics; and
- Elimination of HIV-related stigma and discrimination and promoting rights of communities most at risk.
Call for knowledge information:
Alliance Members are invited to submit any relevant knowledge products such as documents, reports, tools, multimedia, links to specific project web sites by sending an email to email@example.com. The Alliance Secretariat will publish relevant products on the Member's page.
Visit our Knowledge centre.