Indian Pharmacist Association – IPA
The Indian Pharmacist Association is a national level association with an aim to promote pharmacy profession in India and welfare of pharmacists.
The aims and objectives for which IPA was established are as under:
- to encourage unity among pharmacists in India
- to protect the interest and promote service conditions, economic and social status of pharmacists
- to hold seminars, symposia, conference and exhibitions for promoting the cause of the profession of pharmacy, education and research in a people oriented manner programme
- to promote the science, art and technology of pharmacy
- to uphold the ethics of the profession of pharmacy
- to affiliate with, subscribe to and become a member of any other body, in or outside India, that has similar objectives to those of IPA
Links to the health workforce crisis
With the efforts of the Indian Pharmacist Association, the government of Rajasthan created the post of pharmacist. Earlier the work of pharmacists was done by nursing staff. Our continuous efforts resulted in the amendment of the recruitment rules concerning the Centre Reserve for Police Force for the post of Pharmacist, as per Pharmacy Act, 1948.