International University of Africa Faculty of Medicine & Health Science
International University of Africa Faculty of Medicine & Health Science (IUAFMHS) is based in Khartoum, Sudan. Its faculty aims to qualify medical doctors for the diagnosis and treatment of endemic diseases and other health problems. The curriculum is based on an integrated teaching and community oriented education. It awards the Bachelor degree of Medicine and Surgery after five years of study. Arabic & English are the languages of study.
Between 1977 and 1986 the establishment of the Islamic African Center was accomplished and its administration and systems were settled and started to bear its fruits in the form of hundreds of graduates. IUAFMHS can accommodate 800 students and the standard of studies was promoted to second level by setting up two university colleges. Its social and cultural activities manifested themselves in the form of teacher training courses, youth cultural mission and graduates associations. IUAFMHS was established with almost the full support of the Government of the Sudan, new faculties, institutes and centers were set up and study programs became diversified including studies at applied science faculties. The University’s internal and external relations were extended resulting in a unique international African university.
Links to the health workforce crisis
IUAFMHS excels in health systems policies and medical education. The program is intended to enable the student to:
- Work in abidance with the ethics of medicine;
- Be able to competently diagnose and treat common and endemic diseases with special focus on common nutritional and environmental problems in Africa;
- Be able to use modern methods of diagnosis and treatment and to master the community techniques;
- Treat medical emergencies and to refer cases;
- Work anywhere and participate in improving quality;
- Mobilize community response in health activities; and
- Conduct health and health-related researches.
Call for knowledge information:
Alliance Members are invited to submit any relevant knowledge products such as documents, reports, tools, multimedia, links to specific project web sites by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Alliance Secretariat will publish relevant products on the Member's page.
Visit our Knowledge centre.