Mashhad University of Medical Sciences
Mashhad University of Medical Sciences (MUMS) is located in the capital of the biggest province of Iran. It opened its doors in November 1949 with an enrollment of 61 students for the faculty of medicine. Currently, there are about 7000 students in eight faculties and 14 teaching hospitals of the university. MUMS offers a broad spectrum of clinical experiences. It is a major referral center for approximately all the subspecialties of medicine. At the same time, it is recognized for its commitment to preventive healthcare and primary care. While providing advanced training for students and residents, the commitment of our medical staff to remain up-to-date with the latest breakthroughs in medicine gives our patients the opportunity to access the highest quality care.
MUMS has a variety of set goals, which are in:
- Advancing the intellectual, cultural and especially medical welfare of Khorasan.
- Working with other national and international universities to enrich intellectual discourse.
- Creating a diverse, harmonious scholarly community committed to equity, equality, merit, integrity and trust.
- Achieving excellence through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic.
Links to the health workforce crisis
MUMS’ fundamental purpose is to ensure and improve the health of all people of Khorasan. It works on telemedicine and eHealth systems to discover methods and strategies leading to improved conditions of health and social care in developing countries. This commitment to innovation and finding ideas for better conditions offers big rewards, such as:
- The highest quality, most advanced care backed by leading medical innovations, modern technologies and research.
- Training for the health care professionals and biomedical scientists of today and tomorrow.
- A magnet for the intellectual capital needed to build on today's knowledge for tomorrow's world.
Call for knowledge information:
Alliance Members are invited to submit any relevant knowledge products such as documents, reports, tools, multimedia, links to specific project web sites by sending an email to email@example.com. The Alliance Secretariat will publish relevant products on the Member's page.
Visit our Knowledge centre.