Mauritius Institute of Health
The Mauritius Institute of Health (MIH) is an agency of the Ministry of Health and Quality of Life. It serves as the training and research arm of the Ministry. It is located at Powder Mill, Pamplemousses in the premises of the SSRN Hospital. The Mauritius Institute of Health aspires to respond to the needs of society through the excellence of its training programs and through the provision of good quality operational research for health. These are carried out in co-operation with governmental, parastatal and international organizations, institutions and agencies. MIH responds to all health systems research needs of the country to provide information to guide policy and strengthen health action with the aim of improving the health of the population. Critical to success is the need for deep-rooted commitment of MIH’s academic staff servicing its inextricably linked training and research mission.
MIH’s research team, in addition to being fully trained in health systems research, has extensive experience in a wide-range of health fields. MIH is expected to carry out training and research activities in the health sector and to provide services that would contribute positively:
- to enhance the quality of health care services through the development of a health profession education plan
- to improve the effectiveness of health programs through the conduct of Health Systems Research.
Links to the health workforce crisis
The activities of MIH are geared to contribute towards:
- to strengthen regional cooperation in the field of health, through the development of international courses
- to increase accessibility to quality information on medical and health issues, needed by health care providers, through the provision of wide range of information on health
- to develop linkages with training and research institutions at national and international levels.
Call for knowledge information:
Alliance Members are invited to submit any relevant knowledge products such as documents, reports, tools, multimedia, links to specific project web sites by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Alliance Secretariat will publish relevant products on the Member's page.
Visit our Knowledge centre.