The College of Management of Ningxia Medical University
The institute of the College of Management, has 3 majors for undergraduates. They are “Public management”, “Information Management and Information System”, “marketing”, which are classified into four directions, “Health Service Management”, “health insurance”, "health information technology and management”, “pharmaceutical marketing” and has one major of public management for post-graduate training.
At present, The College of management is composed by one office, one lab center equipped with library, data processing center, Laboratory and case discussion room, 6 teaching-research sections ,which are management, economics, insurance, health information technology and management, health policy and regulations and Marketing.
Up to now, there are 36 faculty in the school , including 9 full-time teachers and 14 part-time teachers. Among them ,10 associate professors and the other 9 with higher academic titles, Lecturer 9,Assistant 8 .Besides, there are 20 with Master’s Degree (55% of the total), 4 with Doctorial Degree (11% of the total).
The school has attached a great importance to both international and domestic academic exchanges and collaboration and it has established friendly collaborative relations with many teaching and research institutes, namely: Canadian Ministry of Health, Ottawa University, Australia La Trobe University, the University of Queensland, University of Macau. Close links and partnerships have also been forged with international organizations and academic programs, such as WHO, ARROW, DFID, CMB etc . In addition, it has established research test base in Hospitals, CDC, Health Authority, pharmaceutical companies in Ningxia, Gansu, Qinghai, Xinjiang, Tibet and other neighboring provinces and regions . The research projects has been supported by CMB, WHO , ARROW , the provincial Social Science Fund, "Chunhui Plan"of the Ministry of Education and so on.
Great progress has been made in the last few years, research activities with emphasis on human resources, primary health care, hospital management and rural medical insurance in western region.
- To make a cooperative and passionate CM team in teaching and academic research;
- To attract and develop undergraduate, postgraduate and PHD in the major of health policy study in health management, medical insurance, information technology and health care marketing;
- To enhance education opportunities through work/training/study in under-served area for rural health workers;
- To address inequality issues in rural health policy of medical insurance, primary health care, rural women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and so forth;
- To address the issues in ADR assessment and monitoring of hospital;
- To facilitate and enhance scholarship, education and professional development activities for present and future health bureau workers for developing western health;
- To make cooperative policy pilot in Ningxia, Xinjiang, Shanxi, Gansu, Qinghai, Tibet etc. And international cooperation with WHO, ARROW, DFID, CMB, the international development research center in Ottawa, the Center for International Health of University of Toronto, MoH of Canada, University of Queenland etc.
Links to the health workforce crisis
- Cooperaton with WHO on the research topic is:“Satisfaction based incentives to attract and retrain qualified health workers in under-served area”
- Cooperation with China Medical Board (CMB) on the HR research in western China.