Doctor of Pharmacy Association
The Doctor of Pharmacy Association is a non profit professional organization started with an aim to promote the profession of Doctor of Pharmacy through advocacy, education, and communication to improve public health and the quality of life.
The main Objectives of the Association shall be:
- To improve and promote public health.
- To serve as a platform for all round professional development of Doctor of Pharmacy professionals.
- To educate the public on the proper use of medications and on the pharmacist's role in providing patient care.
- To facilitate information exchange and improve communication between members, members of the health care team, and the public
- To provide a forum for exchange of innovative ideas among pharmacists and collaborate with other health care providers to establish progressive health systems.
- To hold seminars, symposia, conference and exhibitions for promoting the cause of the profession of Pharmacy, education and research.
- To edit and publish journals, books, magazines, documents and other publications for growing the cause of the profession of Pharmacy and education of Pharmacists.
- To cooperate with all organizations having similar aims and purposes.
Links to the health workforce crisis
In India, still people do not know who is a pharmacist and what’s his role. Despite overwhelming evidence of the positive impact pharmacists can have on patient health, pharmacists are not recognized as healthcare providers in India. Until and unless the link between the people and the pharmacist does not get its due recognition, any dream of making India a healthier nation will remain a pipe dream. DPA works for Recognition of pharmacists as health care providers in India. DPA organizes health camps to educate public on better health practices and to increase their awareness and understanding of diseases. We also conduct various awareness programmes to educate the public on the proper use of medications and on the pharmacist's role in providing patient care. Further, the Association endeavors to heighten the public perception of the profession of pharmacy and pharmacists, and to promote the value of pharmacy services to the health and welfare of the general public.
DPA organizes various workshops, seminars, symposia, conference and exhibitions to encourage and enable pharmacists to build and maintain innovative pharmacy practices that meet the healthcare needs of their patients by improving patient outcomes and public health, and to work to integrate pharmacists as vital members of the healthcare team.DPA works to provide members with a voice in PharmD at the state and national levels.Through legislative representation, policy planning, and lobbying, the association ensures that issues pertaining to PharmD are not overlooked or undercut. DPA fights for the immunization and prescribing rights of doctor of Pharmacy. DPA encourages members to become involved in this process by being active in grassroots actions and participating in events. DPA provides a variety of events throughout the year to keep members involved in PharmD issues while offering professional development.