Siam Health Care Foundation, Bangladesh
Siam Health Foundation (SHF) is working on Human Resources for Health (HRH) in Asia and Pacific. It is an organization based in Thailand. SHF has its own office in aboard, including Bangladesh and Malaysia, except its networking organizations.
The SHF vision is the promotion and development of human recourse management around the world, with special attention to human development. The organization, therefore, used to provide training programs and skills management in collaboration with different universities, faculties, institutions and government and non government organizations around the world. SHF has been conducting training and programs leading to a focus on capacity building for civil and government institutions, non government organizations and communities in Bangladesh, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, the Philippines, Korea to address the different development and rights based issues.
Links to the health workforce crisis
SHF's goals are to:
- conduct human resources management training and skills development program,
- develop formal and non-formal education materials and support human resources management,
- arrange training programs for government and non-government organization staffs, community leaders, and local people, and
- provide health information and develop awareness through different technology and media tools.
Some examples of training programs already accomplished are:
- Short term Program on Hospital Management and Administration in Faculty of Public Health, Mahidol University Thailand;
- Health Promotion Leadership Training in Philippine;
- Health Sector Reforms and Managements, 12-23 May 2005 in Thailand; and
- The attachment training on Adult ICU in Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital Mahidol University Thailand.
Call for knowledge information:
Alliance Members are invited to submit any relevant knowledge products such as documents, reports, tools, multimedia, links to specific project web sites by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Alliance Secretariat will publish relevant products on the Member's page.
Visit our Knowledge centre.