Goals for World Health Day 2008
- Raise awareness and public understanding of the global and locally relevant health consequences of climate change.
- Advocate for interdisciplinary and intersectoral partnerships from the local to international level that seek to improve health through rapid deployment of mitigation strategies to stabilize climate change and development of proactive adaptation programmes to minimize health impacts.
- Generate effective actions by local communities, organizations, health systems and governments to reduce the impact of climate change on health through urgent application of mitigation and adaptation techniques.
- Demonstrate the health community’s role in facing the challenges globally and in regions, countries and communities.
- Spark commitment and action among governments, international organizations, donors, civil society, businesses and communities (especially among young people) to anchor health at the heart of the climate change agenda.