The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals that all UN Member States have agreed to try to achieve Universal Health Coverage by 2030. This includes financial risk protection, access to quality essential health-care services and access to safe, effective, quality and affordable essential medicines and vaccines for all.
Global coalition calls for acceleration of Universal Health Coverage
A new global coalition of more than 500 leading health and development organizations worldwide is urging governments to accelerate reforms that ensure everyone, everywhere, can access quality health services without being forced into poverty. The coalition emphasises the importance of universal access to health services for saving lives, ending extreme poverty, building resilience against the health effects of climate change and ending deadly epidemics such as Ebola.
Essentials of universal health coverage
Speeches of the Director-General
WHO media releases
Progress in countries
- Together on the road to universal health coverage
- Plan of Action -Health Systems Governance for Universal Health Coverage
- UN resolution on universal health coverage
- World health report 2013: Research for universal health coverage
WHO/World Bank ministerial-level meeting on universal health coverage, 18-19 February 2013
- Health systems financing: the path to universal coverage